Growing up with a German grandmother, special homemade treats were always on hand when I visited. One of my very favorites were her soft, chewy Springerle Cookies with their sweet anise flavor. Many times I helped Grandmother bake them. Her only measuring tools an old tea cup and some kitchen spoons. She could turn out
Do you love coleslaw but not all the calories that come with it? Here’s a little recipe I made up as a healthy alternative, FRUITY COLESLAW! Every time I serve this coleslaw to guests or my family, it disappears. This is one of my most requested recipes, so I’ll let you in on it now,
When it’s time to make treats for parties, snacks and holiday gifting – here’s an easy treat! Hershey Kiss Pretzel Treats! Just line up small pretzel rounds on unbuttered cookie sheets, top them with a Hershey’s Chocolate Kiss and pop them into the oven for 3 minutes at 275 F degrees. As soon as
- By Barb
- Bringing the garden inside, DIY home and garden craft projects, Home Cooking, Home decor
- On February 6, 2015
- 40 Comments.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Time to dream up some ways to make your family and friends feel extra special! Here are some suggestions from Our Fairfield Home and Garden and a give-away from Longfield Gardens! Cross Stitch a fragrant sachet or knit something warm for your loved ones. Remember that
- By Barb
- Amazing flower pairings, Bird sanctuaries, baths, feeders and more, DIY home and garden craft projects, Home Cooking, Home decor, Recycled and repurposed items as garden art, Things that inspire me in the garden
- On December 29, 2014
- 4 Comments.
Our Fairfield Home and Garden has had a great year! Garden and home projects that look great, are economical and able to be done by the average person are our focus. Here are the readers’ favorites for 2014. Just wait. I have lots more up my sleeve for 2015! Number 1 of all Our
Love sugar cookies but hate all the rolling and cutting out shapes? Try my Easy Sugar Cookies recipe that is as simple as a drop cookie recipe! No cookie cutters required! Easy Sugar Cookies (yields 7-8 dozen) 1 Cup softened butter 1 Teaspoon vanilla 2
- By Barb
- Celebrate the creativity of featured artists, DIY home and garden craft projects, Home Cooking, Home decor, Recycled and repurposed items as garden art, Things that inspire me in the garden
- On September 21, 2014
- 6 Comments.
Just in case you haven’t come across them yet yourself, I’d like to introduce a few of my favorite bloggers. They serve as an inspiration to me and I just love their everything they do! The Prudent Garden is the place to go for anything related to growing plants and what to do with them
- By Barb
- DIY home and garden craft projects, Home Cooking, Home decor, Things that inspire me in the garden
- On May 16, 2014
- 61 Comments.
It’s Patriotic Party Time and I am excited to have Serenity Health & Home Décor sponsoring this post about creating that great outdoor picnic gathering for your family and friends. Don’t forget to enter the give-a-way at the end of this post! Memorial Day and Fourth of July entertaining can be less work if you
- By Barb
- Bringing the garden inside, Celebrate the creativity of featured artists, DIY home and garden craft projects, Home Cooking, Home decor, Things that inspire me in the garden
- On January 26, 2014
- 18 Comments.
Today some blogging friends from The Garden Charmers are sharing their favourite winter comforts. From delicious food to creative handwork projects, we’ve got what you need to make winter a little warmer. See the bottom of this post for all of the project links. But first, here’s mine: The garden has gone dormant, the
This recipe for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies was given to me many years ago by a student’s mom. They are not reduced-calorie, gluten-free, nor do they use egg or sugar substitutes. These cookies are the real deal all the way and the best I have ever had or made – plus the recipe is simple!
over 61.4 k visitors
Stay in touch with us
Inspiring Pins to Share
Keys to Happiness
- Amazing flower pairings
- Bird sanctuaries, baths, feeders and more
- Bringing the garden inside
- Celebrate the creativity of featured artists
- DIY home and garden craft projects
- Field Trip
- Home Cooking
- Home decor
- Recycled and repurposed items as garden art
- Things that inspire me in the garden
What We’ve Been Up To
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers